Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MichaelSM MichaelSM is offline

Default How do I view 2 pages side by side?

I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading Layour view
(because this layout automatically resizes margins). Suggestions? The best
suggestion gets a dollar!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Change the zoom to 50%.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MichaelSM" wrote:

I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading Layour view
(because this layout automatically resizes margins). Suggestions? The best
suggestion gets a dollar!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The zoom at which 2 pages are viewed is determined by the screen size and
the resolution. It's nearer 75% on my PC.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Change the zoom to 50%.

I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading
Layour view (because this layout automatically resizes margins).
Suggestions? The best suggestion gets a dollar!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And it's not like you have to guess: in Print Layout view, "Two Pages" is
one of the Zoom options (on my screen that results in 56%).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The zoom at which 2 pages are viewed is determined by the screen size and
the resolution. It's nearer 75% on my PC.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Change the zoom to 50%.

I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading
Layour view (because this layout automatically resizes margins).
Suggestions? The best suggestion gets a dollar!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The new zoom settings in Word 2007 are somewhat more 'adventurous'. Using
the zoom slider it slips to 2 page view at 75%, but if you select multiple
pages the two page option picks 66%.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
And it's not like you have to guess: in Print Layout view, "Two
Pages" is one of the Zoom options (on my screen that results in 56%).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The zoom at which 2 pages are viewed is determined by the screen
size and the resolution. It's nearer 75% on my PC.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Change the zoom to 50%.

I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading
Layour view (because this layout automatically resizes margins).
Suggestions? The best suggestion gets a dollar!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you use Word 2007 then there's a new option for Reading Layout view. Once
in Reading Layout, click View Options and then click Show Printed Page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"MichaelSM" wrote in message
I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading Layour
view
(because this layout automatically resizes margins). Suggestions? The
best
suggestion gets a dollar!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is a Two Pages option in the View ribbon tab in Word 2007. Here, with
Word maximized, if I click Two Pages, the zoom goes to 77%.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
And it's not like you have to guess: in Print Layout view, "Two
Pages" is one of the Zoom options (on my screen that results in 56%).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The zoom at which 2 pages are viewed is determined by the screen
size and the resolution. It's nearer 75% on my PC.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Change the zoom to 50%.

I have a nice monitor--extra wide. I'd like to be able to view two
(consecutive)word pages at a time but without using the Reading
Layour view (because this layout automatically resizes margins).
Suggestions? The best suggestion gets a dollar!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If I'm not mistaken the Zoom setting depends on your screen resolution, size
of your monitor, and whether the Ribbon is minimized. I get almost the same
results if I use the Zoom Slider or the Two Pages view option (Also
available if you click the Zoom percentage (e.g. 77%) to open the Zoom
dialog box. If a two page view is desired then use the Many Pages option.)

On my laptop, if I actually want to read the text I need to use Reading
Layout and the Show Printed Page option. grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
There is a Two Pages option in the View ribbon tab in Word 2007. Here,
with Word maximized, if I click Two Pages, the zoom goes to 77%.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The new zoom settings in Word 2007 are somewhat more 'adventurous'. Using
the zoom slider it slips to 2 page view at 75%, but if you select
multiple pages the two page option picks 66%.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you all for providing the correct answer. I guess I missed the chance
to get that dollar offered by the OP? :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP