Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark L[_2_] Mark L[_2_] is offline

Default Appendix Numbering.

I'm using Word 2000.

Using word 2000 is it possible to set up Appendix numbering like this?
A1.0
A1.1
A1.1.1
A1.1.1.1
B1.0
B1.1
B1.1.1
B1.1.1.1
(ect.)

Using the outline numbering scheme the closest I can get is:

A.
A.1.
A.1.1.
A1.1.1.

The only way I can think to achive my top numbering scheme is creating 16
seperate styles. Four each for appenix A-D. Tell me there is a better way to
handle this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_67_] Henk57[_67_] is offline

You can remove the period behind the letter in Outline
Numbering/Customize...
Select "Level 1" and go into "Number format" (This will display "A.",
assuming you hv selected the Number style A,B,C,..). Remove the period
so it shows as "A".
HTH, Henk
;2336793']I'm using Word 2000.

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm assuming that somewhere you have a title that says Appendix A. Use that
for your top-level numbering, then pick up that level in the first level of
numbered paragraphs (A1.0). See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html for more
tips on appendix numbering.

"Mark L" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000.

Using word 2000 is it possible to set up Appendix numbering like this?
A1.0
A1.1
A1.1.1
A1.1.1.1
B1.0
B1.1
B1.1.1
B1.1.1.1
(ect.)

Using the outline numbering scheme the closest I can get is:

A.
A.1.
A.1.1.
A1.1.1.

The only way I can think to achive my top numbering scheme is creating 16
seperate styles. Four each for appenix A-D. Tell me there is a better way

handle this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark L[_2_] Mark L[_2_] is offline

I guess I don't understand your response Suzanne. I know in outline numbering
sytle I can put "Appendix A" or "A" before my numbering to achieve a standard
pre-fex. But that then requires me to make similar styles for Appendix B,
Appendix C and so on. The idea I was looking for the fewest number of styles
possible.

"Mark L" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000.

Using word 2000 is it possible to set up Appendix numbering like this?
A1.0
A1.1
A1.1.1
A1.1.1.1
B1.0
B1.1
B1.1.1
B1.1.1.1
(ect.)

Using the outline numbering scheme the closest I can get is:

A.
A.1.
A.1.1.
A1.1.1.

The only way I can think to achive my top numbering scheme is creating 16
seperate styles. Four each for appenix A-D. Tell me there is a better way

handle this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You use a single style for Appendix A, Appendix B, Appendix C, etc.,
selecting A, B, C "numbering." That becomes your top-level style (though it
may be Level 5 or 6 in the outline numbering scheme if you have already used
outline numbering for the main document). The second-level style picks up
the top-level style (A, B, or C) and adds 1, 2, 3 numbering (you can type in
the period and 0 in the number format box as plain text). The third-level
style picks up the two levels above (A, B, C and 1, 2, 3) and adds another
level of 1, 2, 3. If you don't understand how outline numbering works,
perhaps you should read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html before
attacking

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm assuming that somewhere you have a title that says Appendix A. Use

that
for your top-level numbering, then pick up that level in the first level

of
numbered paragraphs (A1.0). See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html for

more