Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bruderbell Bruderbell is offline

Default How can I create frames in Word 2007?

Do you know of a way for me to work with frames in Word 2007? Maybe a page
with a tutorial. It seems when I search it I can only find 2003 stuff, but
the interface is so different that I can't do what I need to.

In 2003 I could do frames like a champ. In 2007, I've added a few custom
buttons to the ribbon, one that is labelled add a frame, but it doesnt' put
in a frame like I'm used to in 2003. Any ideas? I don't want this text box
business, I want a proper frame. If I tell it to add a table of contents in
a frame, I get a frame (vertical split) and I can delete the TOC...but how to
get horizontal frames. I must be missing something

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The command you need to add to the QAT is not 'Add a frame' or 'frame' but
'Insert Frame', which works as it did in Word 2003.

Bruderbell wrote:
Do you know of a way for me to work with frames in Word 2007? Maybe
a page with a tutorial. It seems when I search it I can only find
2003 stuff, but the interface is so different that I can't do what I
need to.

In 2003 I could do frames like a champ. In 2007, I've added a few
custom buttons to the ribbon, one that is labelled add a frame, but
it doesnt' put in a frame like I'm used to in 2003. Any ideas? I
don't want this text box business, I want a proper frame. If I tell
it to add a table of contents in a frame, I get a frame (vertical
split) and I can delete the TOC...but how to get horizontal frames.
I must be missing something

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can still use the commands from previous versions of Word. Click the
Office button, and then click Word Options. Click the Customize category.
For "Choose commands from," select "All commands." Locate the New Frame
Above, New Frame Below, New Frame Left, and New Frame Right commands and add
them to the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP