Dave Neve

Default Modificaton of document problem

Hi

I was using what I suppose is called in English 'modification of document'
to correct 30 pieces of hoemwork done on different computers all with Word
(various versions).

Everything was going ok and the modifications appeared in the right hand
margin of the page in bubbles as expected until I opened a homework which
seemed to be too wide for the page (the horizontal scrollbar appeared at the
bottom)

Firstly, whatever I tried to do, the bar remained.

I tried changing the margins with 'tab' and got a smaller text but with a
space to the right.

Eventually , I gave up but on opening the next document, my commentaries no
longer appeared in the right hand margin even though this option is still
ticked.

Any ideas what has happened please??

Thanks

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Dave,

I was using what I suppose is called in English 'modification of document'
to correct 30 pieces of hoemwork done on different computers all with Word
(various versions).

"Track changes" or "Reviewing" is the appropriate English term. Word 2002 or
2003, I take it? And have you any idea in which version of Word the documents
you were opening were created?

Everything was going ok and the modifications appeared in the right hand
margin of the page in bubbles as expected until I opened a homework which
seemed to be too wide for the page (the horizontal scrollbar appeared at the
bottom)

Firstly, whatever I tried to do, the bar remained.

I tried changing the margins with 'tab' and got a smaller text but with a
space to the right.

Hard to say what was going on, here. Did you think to check the page size in
File/Page Setup? Did you check or try to change the ZOOM factor?

Eventually , I gave up but on opening the next document, my commentaries no
longer appeared in the right hand margin even though this option is still
ticked.

Which option? Did you check the "Show" box in the Reviewing toolbar to make
sure it's set to display "with Markup"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org