Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Trish Trish is offline

Default Word 2003 - Page Layout problem - extra page at end ...

Word 2003 - Hi, I have a document with lots of section breaks as I am
chopping and changing between portrait and landscape orientations. My last
page is landscape which contains a complex table. I keep getting an
additional page after that. I tried to put in a Section Break - Continuous,
so that I could end the table and not go onto an additional page, but every
time i do that, it automatically changes back to Section Break - next page.
If I remove the section/page break altogether I lose the formatting in my
table - it doesn't go to portrait, but seems to default to another size and
looks crazy - that is why I was trying to put in a section break -
continuous. I do hope you can help me! Thanks. Trish :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Trish,

If your table occupies the full height of the page, then the paragraph mark that necessarily follows any table will be forced onto
the next page. If you size the table so that it's height is at least 1pt less than the height between the margins and format the
trailing paragraph with no leading/trailing spaces and with a 1pt font, the empty last page should disappear

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]