Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kelley S Kelley S is offline

Default Portrait Page Numbers on Landscape Pages

For Word 2007, I'm encountering a problem inserting portrait page numbers on
landscape pages. I break the link to previous and insert a text box. I have
inserted the page number and have changed the text position to be vertical.
However, I cannot get the position of the textbox to be exact (.75" from the
left page edge, centered between the top & bottom margin).

I've used the Format Textbox option, Layout/advanced option, picture
position. I've tried all the obvious options to get it right (i.e.
horizontal/absolute position=.75" to the right of page and vertical/alignment
centered relative to margin, and many other combinations for horizontal and
vertical alignment). However, none seem to work and the page numbers won't
align with the surrounding portrait pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you remember to set the text box margins to zero?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you take into account the dimensions of the text box (since absolute
positions refer to the edge of the text box, not to its center)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes

"Kelley S" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Did you take into account the dimensions of the text box (since absolute
positions refer to the edge of the text box, not to its center)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes

"Kelley S" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This is strange. If you want to, I can take a look at the file. Send it to
.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Did you take into account the dimensions of the text box (since absolute
positions refer to the edge of the text box, not to its center)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes

"Kelley S" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kelley S Kelley S is offline

Thanks for the link. However, I've done everything that is noted. The
problem is the exact position of the textbox. Absolute and relative
positioning don't seem to be working properly for both Horizontal and
Vertical position. I'm using it for publication and the requirements are
very specific. On landscape pages, the page number has to be portrait, .75"
from the edge and centered between a top (1.5") and bottom (1") margin.

What's really odd is the positioning seems to vary with the contents on the
page. For instance, I can get the page number to align for a table by making
the Horizontal position=absolute at -0.5 right of margin, vertical
position=absolute at 2.8" below margin. For a chart, I can get the page
number to align by making the Horizontal position=absolute at -.16" right of
margin, vertical position=absolute at 2.82" below margin.

The absolute position shouldn't need to change. It should be the same
regardless of the contents.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Did you take into account the dimensions of the text box (since absolute
positions refer to the edge of the text box, not to its center)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message
Yes

"Kelley S" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of setting the position relative to the margin (which can change),
set it relative to the page (which means the top of the page for vertical
and the left edge for horizontal).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Did you take into account the dimensions of the text box (since
absolute
positions refer to the edge of the text box, not to its center)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kelley S" wrote in message