Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Find+Replace Dialog Box, Replace with Format problem

From the Find+Replace Dialog Box, I successfully changed all instances of an
italicized word, to the same word non-italicized.

Now I want to slightly change all instances of a bolded word, but still
keeping the bolding. Unfortunately, in the Find+Replace Dialog Box, the
"Replace with" textbox still has the notation Format: Not Bold, Not Italic.
I even closed down Word and reopened Word, unfortunately this did not reset
the "Replace with" Format notation.

How can I reset the Replace with: textbox formatting back to the default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Place your insertion point in the Replace text box, click More, then click
the "No Formatting" button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Kathy" wrote in message
From the Find+Replace Dialog Box, I successfully changed all instances of
an
italicized word, to the same word non-italicized.

Now I want to slightly change all instances of a bolded word, but still
keeping the bolding. Unfortunately, in the Find+Replace Dialog Box, the
"Replace with" textbox still has the notation Format: Not Bold, Not
Italic.
I even closed down Word and reopened Word, unfortunately this did not
reset
the "Replace with" Format notation.

How can I reset the Replace with: textbox formatting back to the default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Also, as some of us only recently discovered, you can cycle through
the character formats within the Find and Replace boxes using the
keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-B, Ctrl-I, Ctrl-U, etc.) -- so you can set
combinations that can't be gotten via the More | Format | Font part of
the Find/Replace panel..

On Jan 31, 3:27*pm, "Beth Melton" wrote:
Place your insertion point in the Replace text box, click More, then click
the "No Formatting" button.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/boo...x#AboutTheBook