Jodie Robertson via OfficeKB.com

Default Complicated problem with trying to insert file into document.

I have worked on this for hours. I downloaded an internet template to help
create letterhead. I am trying to create a 3-page document. The 1st and 3rd
pages have this pre-created letterhead. The second is supposed to be a
table I created as a separate word document. I have tried to both insert
file as a 2nd page and also tried to cut and paste it onto a blank second
page. In both cases, although the table fits perfectly within the margins
of the second page, it moves the text from the 3rd page but leaves the
letterhead. I got it to a point where Page 1 is fine and page 2 with the
table is fine. Now however, a blank page 3 is there, and a page four that
is supposed to only be page 3. I cannot simply get rid of page 3 (the now
blank page). I know this all has to do with the pre-configured letterhead;
but hope someone has experience with this. I know this was explained
poorly. Thank you in advance!!!

Jodie Robertson via OfficeKB.com

Actually, it may be easier to ask if there is any way to switch pages 3 and
4 around because I think I know how to delete a last page that is blank.
Thanks

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:12:32 GMT, "Jodie Robertson via OfficeKB.com"
wrote:

[...]

The problem stems from the fact that in Word a table must be followed
by a paragraph mark. Since your table fits exactly within the margins
of page 2, that paragraph mark is forced to page 3. The material that
follows it, being formatted as a letterhead, is set to start a new
page -- so that becomes page 4.

To fix this, first turn on nonprinting characters by pressing the ¶
button on the toolbar. Select the problem paragraph mark and format it
to a font size of 1 pt, which should make it tuck in below the table
on page 2 (you might have to reduce the table's row heights by a small
amount to allow that). Press ¶ again to turn off the nonprinting
characters.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman