Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lucifa42 Lucifa42 is offline

Default Word / Excel mailmerge problem

Hi,

I'm trying to do a mailmerge from Word 2003 and Excel 2003.
I've done loads of these before but now I'm getting a problem.

In the particular merge I'm doing, I'm using the "confirm conversion on
open" box to select "MS excel via converter". This all works fine on my pc
with no problems.

I've gone to another PC to do it and the "MS excel via converter" is not
there! I've tried pressing 'show all' and searching for it, but no luck.
I've also looked on other PC's here, but none of them have it, only my PC
appears to have it. All of the PC's I'm trying are Windows XP, with either
Office 2003 Pro or Standard (mine is Pro).

Help !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The old converter will have been removed by a security update. You can get
the old converter from my web site or copy it from your PC - though you will
need the registry amendments which come in a patch with the download, to
make it available.

Lucifa42 wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to do a mailmerge from Word 2003 and Excel 2003.
I've done loads of these before but now I'm getting a problem.

In the particular merge I'm doing, I'm using the "confirm conversion
on open" box to select "MS excel via converter". This all works fine
on my pc with no problems.

I've gone to another PC to do it and the "MS excel via converter" is
not there! I've tried pressing 'show all' and searching for it, but
no luck. I've also looked on other PC's here, but none of them have
it, only my PC appears to have it. All of the PC's I'm trying are
Windows XP, with either Office 2003 Pro or Standard (mine is Pro).

Help !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The converter was withdrawn after Office XP I think and is now "use at your
own risk". If you upgraded from XP, that's probably why it's on your
machine. You can get a version from Graham Mayor's site at

http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

(NB, if you move to Office 2007, I don't think you'd be able to use the
converter at all, at least not for Excel sheets in the new format. If you
haven't done so already, you might find a visit to
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm useful as far as Word/Excel mailmerge
issues are concerned, but it's fairly long and detailed).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk