Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jmac jmac is offline

Default How do I add an active URL to a 2007 MS Word form text field?

How do I add an active URL to a 2007 MS Word form text field?
--
jmac
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer is that you don't. These are 'text' fields. What exactly
are you trying to achieve?

jmac wrote:
How do I add an active URL to a 2007 MS Word form text field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jmac jmac is offline

Thank you for your response. Our goal was to have a person fill out the form
and insert text and a URL. Later, someone would review the form and click on
the link provided by the person filling out the form. Do you know of some
other way we can provide a way for the person filling out the form to provide
a link/URL?
--
jmac

jmac wrote:
How do I add an active URL to a 2007 MS Word form text field?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jmac jmac is offline

Perhaps I should clarify: Do you know of a way for the person to provide an
"active" link/URL?
--
jmac

jmac wrote:
How do I add an active URL to a 2007 MS Word form text field?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no simple way to achieve this in the form, however, as I asked
before, what are you trying to achieve? What is the nature of the process?
What is the purpose of the URLs?

If users are filling in forms, it is possible to extract the data from the
forms - http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm . With the
information extracted you can create hyperlinks that would take you to the
URLs without too much difficulty.