wilkisa wilkisa is offline
Junior Member

Default Mail merge hyperlink wrong results

My user has created a mail merge in Word 2010, using Excel 2010 workbook as source data. One of the many fields is called "Survey Link" and contains links to Sharepoint pages, either a DEVELOPMENT page or a PROJECT page. When the hyperlink is created in Word and the merge field is entered as Survey Link, the first 28 merged documents are correct because they all use the Development link. Document 29 and all remaining documents use the Project link but the mail merge doesn't pull those in.

We have inserted the link into every single cell in the Survey Link field of each record so I don't understand why it is pulling in the first Sharepoint link and not changing when it comes to the second link.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your consideration.
Shirlene
wilkisa wilkisa is offline
Junior Member

I figured it out because what I wrote in my thread made me start thinking differently.

My user was creating the hyperlink in Word to a field in Excel that was also hyperlinks. I removed the hyperlink in the Excel field and left it as a text field. The merged hyperlink in Word is now giving the correct results.

Although no one here helped me yet, thank you for this site. I'm sure it will be a valuable resource in the future.

Shirlene