Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jstar99 jstar99 is offline

Default MS Word's View of Tables and Figures

Hi,

Does anyone know how MS Word decides something is a "Table" or
"Figure"? When I look in cross-reference, I only have two of my tables
listed and no figures. When I create a Table of Figures or Tables it
seems to have found a whole bunch more.

My table/figure captions are set up with fields, not Word's built-in
captioning tool so I just wondered how Word was designating the
different elements and why the cross-referencing and the
table/index-building tools do not see the same tables and figures or
why they see any at all (index actually sees none, probably because I
didn't bother setting something else up - lol)?

Thanks so much!