Erica Mulkey via OfficeKB.com

Default Find & Replace Out Tables

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to find & replace out entire tables if
they are preceded and followed by specific text. Say, preceded by "_before"
and followed by "_after", for example. I've tried using the wildcard F&R w/[*] where the table fits in, to no avail.

(This table, in case it matters, contains 12 columns and two rows, the
bottom row being empty, and occurs many times in a mail-merged document;
this procedure once I have it figured out will be added to a macro that's
done on these merged docs.)

I've tried to learn the Visual Basic nomenclature for tables, but can't
find a central site to start learning that, and I'm hoping I don't need to
do that in order to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help, links, etc.

Greg Maxey

Erica,

Try

(_before)*(_after) in the find what

and

\1^13\2 in the replace with.

Make sure MoreUse Wildcards is check.

Works here.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Erica Mulkey via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to find & replace out entire
tables if they are preceded and followed by specific text. Say,
preceded by "_before" and followed by "_after", for example. I've
tried using the wildcard F&R w/[*] where the table fits in, to no
avail.

(This table, in case it matters, contains 12 columns and two rows, the
bottom row being empty, and occurs many times in a mail-merged
document; this procedure once I have it figured out will be added to
a macro that's done on these merged docs.)

I've tried to learn the Visual Basic nomenclature for tables, but
can't find a central site to start learning that, and I'm hoping I
don't need to do that in order to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help, links, etc.

Erica Mulkey via OfficeKB.com

OK, that does work. Now I feel dumb because the only thing wrong with the
way I was doing it before was that I was giving the "*" its own range:[*].
I thought I was clear on what these [] were for in a wildcard search, but
apparently not. Thanks for your help!

Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Formatting Long Documents 1 January 22nd 05 06:21 AM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 10:01 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM
find and replace symbols Tewodaj New Users 8 January 11th 05 02:22 AM