Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maggie Maggie is offline

Default How do I combine columns that are in different rows into one?

Hi,

I have an Excel document that contains at least two records, for an
individual. In my Word document, I would like to combine the Excel field,
Salary, from both rows for an person. How do I do that? I can identify a
person by data in each row, so I don't think that would be a problem. Can
somebody help? Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You should do the manipulation in Excel - possibly using a third sheet that
contains only one row for each person and which then uses a SumIf() function
to combine the information relating to each person. Then use that sheet as
the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.