Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
All at Sea All at Sea is offline

Default I want to sort mail merge recipients by Outlook Categories

I use Microsoft Outlook Contacts and I sort them by category. I would like
to send group emails to all members of specific categories. I know how to
use Word to create the merge and I can select individual recipients from the
list, but I can't see how to sort the recipients by category.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"All at Sea" wrote in message
I use Microsoft Outlook Contacts and I sort them by category. I would like
to send group emails to all members of specific categories. I know how to
use Word to create the merge and I can select individual recipients from
the
list, but I can't see how to sort the recipients by category.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Greg in Portland Greg in Portland is offline

I've been trying to do this same thing. I followed all the steps carefully. I
highlighted all the contacts in the category view, selected tools then mail
merge, selected labels, selected the appropriate template in the "mail merge
helper" window, as well as confirming the data file is loaded there. Then,
when I select "close", I get a word template with all the proper fields and
divider lines, but the data never loads--the Word document label fields just
stay empty. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably have not executed the merge. Follow the links at the bottom of
the article at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Or turn on the display of the Mail Merge Toolbar (via ViewToolbars in Word)
and then click on the appropriate button at the right hand end of the
toolbar (Merge to Printer or Merge to New Document). I would suggest the
latter initially just to check that you are getting what you want.

If you are using Word 2007, you can add the necessary buttons to complete
the merge to the QAT.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.