Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lavaghman[_2_] lavaghman[_2_] is offline

Default mail merge, uick parts etc.

Hi there,

I have a large Word document (maybe 50 pages) that I use on a regular
basis and needs to be modified each time. I used to just highlight the
parts the parts that always needed to change and then this would
attract my attention to them for editing. However now the document has
grown and I'm looking for some time saving changes!

I have experimented with using an excel file as a source file where u
fill in details for that instnace of the document and then create a
mail merge in Word to pull the data in from this excel file into my doc
with the merge fields inserted wherever I need them. But because there
are whole blocks of formatted text that can change it is not entirely
successful.

I then experimented with saving a quick part but that gets a little
messy too.

Any suggestions for the best approach to this task? Or maybe an example
of what someone has done to achieve the same?

Your help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks, John

--
lavaghman