Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Helen Helen is offline

Default Word 2002 and Outlook 2003

When I use the merge wizard, I'm able to use my Outlook contacts. When I try
to do a merge directly from the Merge Toolbar, Outlook contacts aren't an
option. Since I have differing versions of the programs, I cannot do merge
from Outlook.

Is there something I'm missing or am I going to have to utilize the wizard
even though it's not the most efficient method?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Helen" wrote in message
When I use the merge wizard, I'm able to use my Outlook contacts. When I
try
to do a merge directly from the Merge Toolbar, Outlook contacts aren't an
option. Since I have differing versions of the programs, I cannot do
merge
from Outlook.

Is there something I'm missing or am I going to have to utilize the wizard
even though it's not the most efficient method?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Helen Helen is offline

This only works if the Word and Outlook versions are the same. I'm wondering
if there's any other way, since our programs are not compatible for this
purpose.

"Helen" wrote in message
When I use the merge wizard, I'm able to use my Outlook contacts. When I
try
to do a merge directly from the Merge Toolbar, Outlook contacts aren't an
option. Since I have differing versions of the programs, I cannot do
merge
from Outlook.

Is there something I'm missing or am I going to have to utilize the wizard
even though it's not the most efficient method?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Upgrading Outlook but not Office" at:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003/upgrade.htm

The owner of that site is the most knowledgable person around when it comes
to Outlook.

--

"Helen" wrote in message
When I use the merge wizard, I'm able to use my Outlook contacts. When
try
to do a merge directly from the Merge Toolbar, Outlook contacts aren't
an
option. Since I have differing versions of the programs, I cannot do
merge
from Outlook.

Is there something I'm missing or am I going to have to utilize the
wizard
even though it's not the most efficient method?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am not sure that this is true. It should work with whatever Word
application is set up as default for DOC files - though I haven't tried it
with your particular combination, it certainly works with Outlook 2007/Word
2003. Have you see http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
which demonstrates how to add the AddressBook to the toolbar. If you can
insert addresses from Outlook contacts into Word using the AddressBook, this
should work also.