Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John John is offline

Default Lost connection between Word & Excel

After painstakingly working on a master document with fields linked to an
Excel speadsheet, I lost the data connection between the Word 2007 file and
it's data source in Excel.

The "Mailings" bar is greyed out except for "Select Recipients" as if I was
starting all over.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What happens if you click on Select Recipients and re-attach the spreadsheet
to the document?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"John" wrote in message
After painstakingly working on a master document with fields linked to an
Excel speadsheet, I lost the data connection between the Word 2007 file
and
it's data source in Excel.

The "Mailings" bar is greyed out except for "Select Recipients" as if I
was
starting all over.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Miranda Gray Miranda Gray is offline

Default Try "refreshing" both applications

You might find it worthwhile to go to the Control Panel in Windows and run Add / Remove Program with the repair option to let your system auto repair.

I find that Word and Excel do trip over each other. So sometimes just letting the system reset solves the issue after I have been beating my head in for ages.

John wrote:

Lost connection between Word & Excel
12-Dec-09

After painstakingly working on a master document with fields linked to an
Excel speadsheet, I lost the data connection between the Word 2007 file and
it is data source in Excel.

The "Mailings" bar is greyed out except for "Select Recipients" as if I was
starting all over.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Dr. Dotnetsky?s Cool .NET Tips & Tricks No. 23
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-cool-net.aspx