Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PIB Clerk PIB Clerk is offline

Default In mail merge can I select which label to start with printing

I have sheets of address lables that have only a few labels used (missing)
and want be able to use up the rest of the sheet. So can i select which label
to start printing from or does it always have to to start with the first
label on the sheet?
--
Clerk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can with the following macro

Macro to set the first label on a part sheet of labels for a label type
mailmerge.
Dim MMMDoc As Document
Dim dsource As Document
Dim dtable As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Set MMMDoc = ActiveDocument
With MMMDoc.MailMerge
If .MainDocumentType = wdMailingLabels Then
If .State = wdMainAndDataSource Then
Set dsource = Documents.Open(.DataSource.Name)
Set dtable = dsource.Tables(1)
i = InputBox("Enter the number of labels that have already been
used on the sheet.", "Set Starting Label")
If IsNumeric(i) Then
With dtable
For j = 1 To i
.Rows.Add BeforeRow:=.Rows(2)