Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stephen Ford[_2_] Stephen Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Want to use extra field to modfy a name

WIN XP SP3
MSO 2003

I want to merge with Outlook contacts and create names with contents:

{Title} {Initial} {Name}

The result will be for example
{Miss} {S} {Jones}
{Mr} {& Mrs G} {Greg}
{Mrs} {P} {Ford}

where the braces are shown to identify the data in the fields Title, Initial
& Name

The field "Initial" does not exist in Outlook as far as I can see. I have
called it "Initial" to explain what I am trying to do. There is a "Nickname"
field which would be very convient to use but when using MatchFields in
Word, the field "Nickname" appears not to be available.

Is there a way to make it available? I am interested because it is shown on
the Details tab on the contacts form and is therefore easy to access and
enter the required data.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
See also the section Initial field when merging from Outlook Contacts at

"Stephen Ford" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stephen Ford[_2_] Stephen Ford[_2_] is offline

Thanks for that. Did loads of hacking while I was waiting and discovered
what was easily available in your references. I don't understand why when
starting the merge in Word a different set of data feilds appear compared
with starting the merge in Outlook. But hey it works, so I merge starting
from Outlook.