Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bert_lady bert_lady is offline

Default Applied numbered styles change

I have a converted Word Perfect document. I modified Heading Styles 1 - 8 to
reflect what I need. When I apply heading style 6 (a numbered style), if
there are six lines of text, the first line (paragraph) is always aligned
differently the actual style itself. Subsequent lines are fine. Adjusting
the first line margins is counterproductive as it defeats the purpose of
using styles if I have to fix a particular heading throughout the doc. Also,
if I adjust that line and update the style, everywhere I have applied that
style, renumbers and is continuous throughout the document. I then have to
re-start at 1.

I cleared all the formatting in this doc before I started and then pasted
the text into a clean blank document as text only.

Any ideas?
--
bert_lady