Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default Word 2003 Spell Check

For some reason, spell check is not underlining all misspelled words with a
red squiggle mark, although it does underline some. I have checked my
Spelling & Grammer options to make sure that "hide spelling errors in this
document" is not selected (it's not). I have also selected the entire
document, and gone into Tools/Language/Set Language dialog, and both options
are deselected. Also, I do have "Check spelling as you type" selected.

Can you give me any guidance as to why this is happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check that these misseplt words ahve not accidently been added to your
dictionaries.
Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar, Custom Dictionaries, you may see a
Perso.DIC and a Custom.DIC, select the .DIC, modify and check for the
offending words. Edit a necessary.
Hope this helps
DeanH