Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds magicdds is offline

Default How can I test for the last record printed in a merge

I am using a catalog to print multiple records from Access into a single
letter in Word. To have and opening paragraph, I check if MERGESEQ = 1 and if
it is, Word adds the opening paragraph. After the last record of data is
printed in the body of the letter, I would like the concluding paragraph to
be printed. How can I have word check if the last record was printed? The
number of records printed in the letter is always different, so I can't check
if MERGESEQ or MERGEREC = a specific number.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The procedure is essentially that at -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

magicdds wrote:
I am using a catalog to print multiple records from Access into a
single letter in Word. To have and opening paragraph, I check if
MERGESEQ = 1 and if it is, Word adds the opening paragraph. After the
last record of data is printed in the body of the letter, I would
like the concluding paragraph to be printed. How can I have word
check if the last record was printed? The number of records printed
in the letter is always different, so I can't check if MERGESEQ or
MERGEREC = a specific number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds magicdds is offline

This article addresses what I already have in my letter. I already am testing
MERGESEQ for the first record. The article does not address how to test for
the last record so that I can print the concluding paragraph after all the
records have been printed. Is there a way to test for the last record?

Thanks
Mark

magicdds wrote:
I am using a catalog to print multiple records from Access into a
single letter in Word. To have and opening paragraph, I check if
MERGESEQ = 1 and if it is, Word adds the opening paragraph. After the
last record of data is printed in the body of the letter, I would
like the concluding paragraph to be printed. How can I have word
check if the last record was printed? The number of records printed
in the letter is always different, so I can't check if MERGESEQ or
MERGEREC = a specific number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See
http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

If I were you however, I would use an Access Report instead.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"magicdds" wrote in message
I am using a catalog to print multiple records from Access into a single
letter in Word. To have and opening paragraph, I check if MERGESEQ = 1 and
if
it is, Word adds the opening paragraph. After the last record of data is
printed in the body of the letter, I would like the concluding paragraph
be printed. How can I have word check if the last record was printed? The
number of records printed in the letter is always different, so I can't
check
if MERGESEQ or MERGEREC = a specific number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds- magicdds- is offline

That web site had the answer (that I was not hoping for) in the last
sentence. Word cannot test for the last merged record!

Thanks for trying though.