Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Billyann Billyann is offline

Default Customise 'Insert Word Fields' drop down list in mail merge

When working on mail merge letters the 'Insert Word Fields' drop down list
does not consist of my fields in my data fields. How do I change them? In
the last version of windows the mail merge was much easier to do. My package
is Windows XP where I am having problems completing mail merge easily and
quickly which prevents me using the package
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The Insert Word Fields drop down never contained the mergefields from the
Data Source. They are in the Insert Merge Fields menu item.

Whether or not you are creating labels, you should find some help in
transitioning to XP in the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow
MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP