Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gail Gurman Gail Gurman is offline

Default Using mail merge to generate tables without page breaks

I have an Excel spreadsheet, and I need to convert each line into a formatted
table in Word. I've been using mail merge to do this, and the tables generate
perfectly, but each is followed by a page break. I don't want anything
between the tables other than a paragraph break, but I can't figure out how
to get rid of the page breaks (other than manually deleting each one, which
is not practical because there are 360 tables).

Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gail,

You can replace all the section breaks via Find/Replace.

In the Find box, input: ^b
Leave the Replace box empty or, if you need to replace the section break with an empty paragraph, insert: ^p

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gail Gurman" wrote in message ...
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and I need to convert each line into a formatted
table in Word. I've been using mail merge to do this, and the tables generate
perfectly, but each is followed by a page break. I don't want anything
between the tables other than a paragraph break, but I can't figure out how
to get rid of the page breaks (other than manually deleting each one, which
is not practical because there are 360 tables).

Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Change the main document type to a catalog or in Word XP and later it is
called directory type and make sure that after the table in the document you
have two (2) paragraph breaks ¶ and nothing else.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP