Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NetworkTrade NetworkTrade is offline

Default date toggle not toggling

have looked at the many date format questions and linked to helping web
sites...seems straight forward...yet...

{MergeField "QuoteDate"/@ "mmmm d, yyyy"}

is resulting in 3/24/08

{MergeField "QuoteDate" \@ "mmmm d, yyyy"}

is resulting in 0000 24. 2008

am syntax confused..... why would I be seeing 0000 ??
--
NTC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

NetworkTrade,
Try using for March 24, 2008
{MergeField "QuoteDate" \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"}.

1. The /@ "mmmm d, yyyy" switch in first example, may not be recognized as a
date switch, so the data in the mergefield is be shown in the default
format, based on your regional settings.
2. The lower-case" m" is formatting the data as minutes. So "mmmm", will
show the month date as minutes, not month, with leading zeros to your data

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"NetworkTrade" wrote in message
news have looked at the many date format questions and linked to helping web
sites...seems straight forward...yet...

{MergeField "QuoteDate"/@ "mmmm d, yyyy"}

is resulting in 3/24/08

{MergeField "QuoteDate" \@ "mmmm d, yyyy"}

is resulting in 0000 24. 2008

am syntax confused..... why would I be seeing 0000 ??
--
NTC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NetworkTrade NetworkTrade is offline

aha !! yes indeed - case sensitive programming.....ok that's a first for
me....thanks much...
--
NTC

"Rich/rerat" wrote: