Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jon jon is offline

Default Help reg mailmerge

Hi ,
I use a Word 2003 mailmerge file, where i have a data source as an access
table with an email field that contains one or more email ids per field which
are separated by semicolons. When I execute the mailmerge there are no
issues when the field contains only one email id. But the issue is when
there is multiple email ids i receive the below dialog box , e.g.,

Check Names
Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize
;xyz3@micros oft.com"
Select the address to use.

I tried changing the semicolon to colon/comma for seperating the email ids
in the field, but it does not work too..

Can I have multiple email ids in a field, use email merge and send mails
successfully via Outlook ? Could someone please let me know how to solve
the above issue..

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I am pretty sure that mailmerge can only handle one email address.

You would need to create a "roll-your-own" equivalent to Mailmerge to handle
mutliple addresses and the method and code in
the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

could be modified to do that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

mailmerge cookie Mailmerge 8 September 25th 07 06:46 PM
mailmerge John Mailmerge 2 January 17th 06 04:53 AM
mailmerge? mojtaba aghili Mailmerge 2 July 24th 05 03:17 AM
mailmerge CHES Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:39 AM
mailmerge Felicity Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:37 AM