Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Word/Excel 2007 Problem with Number Merge

I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet and am trying to merge with a Word 2007
document. The merge is easy EXCEPT that my numbers that are formatted as
rounded to the nearest whole number in Excel are coming over as numbers with
10 and 11 numbers after the decimal point in Word. What do I need to do??
I'm not a tech guru and many of the solutions I've found on-line exceed my
technical abilities. Does anyone have a solution that is fairly easy to
understand?
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need a formatting switch on the field -
In simplistic terms
Press ALT+F9. This will change the display from Fieldname to {Mergefield
Fieldname}
add the switch inside the brackets eg {Mergefield Fieldname \# ",0.00"}
Press F9 to update and Alt+F9 to re-display the fields.