Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eric Eric is offline

Default Mergefield - carriage return

Hello,

I am trying to go to the next line based on a contidion on a mergefield.
I am assuming that it would look like { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Country" } = "" ""
CHR(13)}

Also how to you insert a mergefield based on a condition on another
mergefield?
again I am assuming that it would look like { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Field1" } = ""
"" { MERGEFIELD "Field2" }}

Thank you.

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

{ IF{ MERGEFIELD "Field1" } = "" Enter
"" { MERGEFIELD "Field2" }}

will always give you a blank line

Perhaps you really want

{ IF{ MERGEFIELD "Field1" } = "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Field2" }" "{ MERGEFIELD
"Field1" }Enter
{ MERGEFIELD "Field2" }" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 for each pair of field delimiters {}
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Eric" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to go to the next line based on a contidion on a mergefield.
I am assuming that it would look like { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Country" } = "" ""
CHR(13)}

Also how to you insert a mergefield based on a condition on another
mergefield?
again I am assuming that it would look like { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Field1" } =
"" "" { MERGEFIELD "Field2" }}

Thank you.

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eric Eric is offline

Hi Doug,

I tried this: { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Country" } = "" "" Enter} but all it does
is write Enter...

What am I missing?

"Eric" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to go to the next line based on a contidion on a mergefield.
I am assuming that it would look like { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Country" } = ""
"" CHR(13)}

Also how to you insert a mergefield based on a condition on another
mergefield?
again I am assuming that it would look like { IF{ MERGEFIELD "Field1" } =
"" "" { MERGEFIELD "Field2" }}

Thank you.

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eric Eric is offline

I got it ... Sorry I didn't realize that Enter meant pressing the Enter
key...

It's working now.

Thank you.

Eric