Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default LABEL PRINTING problems

Dear All
Have word 2003 and two thousand addresses in excel file sorted. Went thro
the help for mail merge-label. Got undesired results.

1) the sticker page size is 8inch x 6.4 inch having stickers 2 x 5 = 10.
This paper size not available in paper size.

2) After updating all the fields, I see only one page and the data in the
address looks fine. So do not see all the pages for that 2000 addresses I
want to print.

3) Tho made custom label, the distance between the two labels is not shown
in the word document. So when I took a print out on the paper of the first
page, the addresses being printed were overlapping.

What I am doing wrong and Can anyone guide me or where to read up. I read
extensively but these areas are not well covered.

brgds/captgnvr
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For 2, you have not executed the merge.

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

Or turn on the display of the Mail Merge Toolbar (via ViewToolbars in Word)
and then click on the appropriate button at the right hand end of the
toolbar (Merge to Printer or Merge to New Document). I would suggest the
latter initially just to check that you are getting what you want.

For 3, you need to modify your custom label set up so that the dimensions of
the labels and the spacing between them is identical to the label stock that
you want to use.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.