Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David David is offline

Default Have a merge completed for name tags. How can I change label typ.

I have completed a mail merge for name tag labels. Now the group wants to
change the format. (different Avery Labels.) My merge has imported photos
and I don;t want to import them again. Can you change the name tag type?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

While it can be done, you cannot (easily) change the type. It is not a
matter of selecting a different label type, but of modifying the
dimensions/margins/spacing of the table cells for the name tags that you
have already created so that they are the same as those of the new label
type. Labels are just tables with fixed cell dimensions.

The easiest thing to do is create a new mail merge main document of the
required label type and attach it to the same data source as was used for
the name tag labels that you have already produced.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP