Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Sam is offline

Default Full name

I am struggling with mail merging the full name of my unmarried contacts
through to a word document. I want to create a formal letter as
follows...

"Mr A Smith & Mrs J Bloggs
1 Nowhere Place
Nowhere
NN9 9AA

28th March 2008

Dear Mr Smith & Mrs Bloggs"

But I am unsure how to complete the full name box in outlook contacts so
that for unmarried couples I can have their initlals in the address box
and
no initials after Dear....

It needs to be broken down like...

Title:
First:
Middle:
Last:
Suffix:

Hope that makes sense, any Ideas?

Thankyou in advance
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the Outlook Contacts module, click on the Full Name button and you will
get a dialog containing the following fields:

Title:
First:
Middle:
Last:
Suffix:

Or, if you click on the All Fields button and the select Name fields from
the Select from pulldown, you will get access to the following fields:

Assistant's Name
Children
File As
First Name
Full Name
Initials
Job Title
Last Name
Manager's Name
Middle Name
Nickname
Referred By
Spouse/Partner
Suffix
Title

and, in this dialog, if you click on the New button, you can define your own
field.

To get access to all of these fields when using mail merge, you should
initiate the merge from Outlook.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Sam is offline

Thank you ever-so-much, that is extreamly helpful, I didn't know their were
so many name fields and that you could add your own fields!!

All my mail merges are for couples most with different names and I am not
sure which fields I would input the names so that it looked okay on a letter
e.g. If I put...

Title: Mr & Mrs
First: A & J
Middle:
Last: Smith & Bloggs
Suffix:

it is represented as 'Mr & Mrs A & J Smith & Bloggs', which is obviously not
right!!

I want the address box it say 'Mr A Smith & Mrs J Bloggs' and I want the
Dear... to say 'Dear Mr Smith & Mrs Bloggs' (without the initials)

Do you know how I would put this into the fields so it comes out correct?
Any help is greatly received, I really can't get my head around this, it is
like a rubics cube!!

Thanks

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't use *parts* of a field in a merge. You need to organise your
contacts list so that you can access fields that contain only the parts of
the data you wish to merge. For example you could use vba to copy parts of
the field to the user configurable fields in Outlook. This is demonstrated
at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm but
could be easily expanded to achieve what you require.

full path name Pam Microsoft Word Help 0 February 27th 07 08:40 PM
Full menus rexmann Microsoft Word Help 3 December 22nd 06 10:55 AM
Full Justification Hal Microsoft Word Help 2 May 17th 06 09:34 PM
Getting full menus Rhino New Users 5 February 7th 06 05:33 PM
Top bar still there in Full Screen sdlfkj New Users 2 April 16th 05 06:35 PM