Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MaxArk[_2_] MaxArk[_2_] is offline

Default Integration of Word, Excel & VB

I have a project centred around an Excel database. It has lots of VB
code associated with it.

The worksheet is the source data for a series of word mail merge
reports.

Here is where I hope you folks can help me ...

The data worksheet is volatile. Active worksheets are user based. They
select a date, and that date is used as part of the file name to be
loaded as the merge source. (ie 15-07-07 represents the source database
15-07-07.xls to be accessed.) Challenge # 1 - how can I use my reports
with more data source flexibility?

Second challenge ... I have 4 different reports, all relying on the
same datasource, but differeint recipient criteria. Without saving
individual reports for each different query, how can I allow the user
to define the criteria? (ie

This is all part of a project that is intended to be simple to use by
those not familiar with features and buttons of each application.

Jenn

--
MaxArk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the very sparse information that you provide, it seems to me that it
can all be done using the Mail Merge Interface that Word provides. All you
need do is provide instructions to the users.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP