Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Default E-mailing a scanned Word document

I issue a 4-page newsletter. One page is an ad page consisting of 8 business
cards which I have scanned individually into Word. I copied and scanned each
into the ad page document so all 8 would be on one page. When I e-mailed the
newsletter the individual ads appeared all over the place. So I then printed
a copy of the ad page and scanned that into a new Word document (so the ads
would all be together). But when I send the newsletter the same problem
occurs -- the "one page" moves off the Word page and all but disappears,
leaving a tiny bit of ad text and a blank page for the recipient. How can I
eliminate this problem so the ad page arrives in tact. Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Pat

Pat wrote:
I issue a 4-page newsletter. One page is an ad page consisting of 8 business
cards which I have scanned individually into Word. I copied and scanned each
into the ad page document so all 8 would be on one page. When I e-mailed the
newsletter the individual ads appeared all over the place. So I then printed
a copy of the ad page and scanned that into a new Word document (so the ads
would all be together). But when I send the newsletter the same problem
occurs -- the "one page" moves off the Word page and all but disappears,
leaving a tiny bit of ad text and a blank page for the recipient. How can I
eliminate this problem so the ad page arrives in tact. Many thanks.

basically, you cannot control how your recipients' mailtools are
configures. Hence, the only reasonable way to control what they get is
when you attach, say, a PDF.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Thank you Robert. I posted the same question to the Outlook Express
Discussion Group (which I should have done in the first place) and received
the same advice. I was unaware of the free pdf conversion websites so was
delighted to learn that they exist. I have since had my newsletter converted
to pdf. Problem solved. Never too old to learn.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Pat