Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matt C Matt C is offline

Default Can I change built-in margin settings in Word 2007

Word 2007 has a potentially handy feature with several different built-in
margin settings. However, these are all in imperial measurements. Is there a
way to change these to metric settings? I have changed the display settings
to show measurements in metric, so the margins display as 1.27cm, 2.54cm, and
similar, but it would be nicer if they were in round numbers.

Thanks to Stefan Blom for the post about changing grid-line settings so that
tabs and margins snap to more sensible measurements - that one has bugged me
for ages.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, there is no way to change the built-in margin formats, but
note that the most recent margin settings that you chose in Page Setup will
be available at the top of the list (called "Last Custom Setting").

Also, don't forget that you can create a template with the desired margins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Matt C" Matt wrote in message
Word 2007 has a potentially handy feature with several different built-in
margin settings. However, these are all in imperial measurements. Is there
way to change these to metric settings? I have changed the display
settings
to show measurements in metric, so the margins display as 1.27cm, 2.54cm,
and
similar, but it would be nicer if they were in round numbers.

Thanks to Stefan Blom for the post about changing grid-line settings so
that
tabs and margins snap to more sensible measurements - that one has bugged
me
for ages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matt C[_2_] Matt C[_2_] is offline

Understood, thanks. It would have been nice to have this ability, but it is
certainly not essential.