Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joemommapoo joemommapoo is offline

Default editing forms created in 2003 with 2007?

Ok, so I have a form that was created in word 2003 and is locked. How do I
unlock it for editing in word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The forms tools are on the Developer Tab (which is not enabled by default -
Word Options Popular Show the developer toolbar). You could also add
the Lock button from All Commands to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

joemommapoo wrote:
Ok, so I have a form that was created in word 2003 and is locked.
How do I unlock it for editing in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a two-step process. First go to Office Button | Word Options |
Popular and check the box for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." Then
select the Developer tab and look at the Controls group. If you mouse over
the bottom right unlabeled icon, you'll see the ScreenTip "Legacy Tools."
This will open a palette that contains most of the buttons from the Forms
toolbar. Noticeably absent is the padlock button to protect/unprotect the
form. For this you'll need the Protect Document button in the Protect group,
which will open the familiar Protect Document task pane.

"joemommapoo" wrote in message
Ok, so I have a form that was created in word 2003 and is locked. How do
unlock it for editing in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Munchkin Munchkin is offline

Where can I find the Protect Document' button? If it is the one on the
Developer Tab, it shows 'unrestricted access ' and I still can't end the form
created in Word 2003.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a two-step process. First go to Office Button | Word Options |
Popular and check the box for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." Then
select the Developer tab and look at the Controls group. If you mouse over
the bottom right unlabeled icon, you'll see the ScreenTip "Legacy Tools."
This will open a palette that contains most of the buttons from the Forms
toolbar. Noticeably absent is the padlock button to protect/unprotect the
form. For this you'll need the Protect Document button in the Protect group,
which will open the familiar Protect Document task pane.

"joemommapoo" wrote in message
Ok, so I have a form that was created in word 2003 and is locked. How do
unlock it for editing in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you click on Protect Document, one of the options refers to "Formatting
and Editing." Clicking on this one opens the same Protect Document task pane
as in Word 2003, where you can select "Editing restrictions" and then
"Filling in forms."

Unless you need to protect specific sections, however, you don't really need
to use this task pane. You can instead use the same padlock button that used
to be on the Forms toolbar. You can add this button to the QAT. In the
Customize dialog (All Commands), it's the one with the padlock icon that
just says "Lock."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a two-step process. First go to Office Button | Word Options |
Popular and check the box for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." Then
select the Developer tab and look at the Controls group. If you mouse
over
the bottom right unlabeled icon, you'll see the ScreenTip "Legacy Tools."
This will open a palette that contains most of the buttons from the Forms
toolbar. Noticeably absent is the padlock button to protect/unprotect the
form. For this you'll need the Protect Document button in the Protect
group,
which will open the familiar Protect Document task pane.

"joemommapoo" wrote in message
Ok, so I have a form that was created in word 2003 and is locked. How
do
unlock it for editing in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You may find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm helpful
if you have a lot of this type of work to do.