Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NevilleT NevilleT is offline

Default Delay in keystrokes

I am not even sure this is a Word problem but I will try anyway. Every time
I enter quotation marks in Word, nothing appears until I press the next key.
Even worse, if I enter quotation marks (single or double), then move the
cursor and press a key, the quote appears in the new location. Hold on, it
gets worse. If I enter quotes before a capital I, it shows up as I with two
dots over the letter. Ï

As I said, not sure this is Word, but if anyone has any experience of this
problem, help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have inadvertently enabled an international keyboard layout in which the
quotes key is a "dead key" that waits for another key to be pressed and then
adds an accent or quotation mark depending on the next key. In Windows
Control Panel | Regional and Language Options | Languages | Details, select
a US (or UK) keyboard that isn't designated as "international."