Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronny Ronny is offline

Default Field link to a hidden cell in Excel

I have made a word document that gathers information from an Excel sheet
trough field links (copy and paste special).
I also use a macro to update the links automatically.

In the excel sheet I want to hide some of the cells that I have linked to,
but when I hide the cells in excel the information disappears from the word
document. Does anybody know how I can work around this problem?

Ronny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

If the update method for the links is set to lock you can achieve what you
want, however, you will have to manually update the links if set to lock.

"Ronny" wrote:

I have made a word document that gathers information from an Excel sheet
trough field links (copy and paste special).
I also use a macro to update the links automatically.

In the excel sheet I want to hide some of the cells that I have linked to,
but when I hide the cells in excel the information disappears from the word
document. Does anybody know how I can work around this problem?

Ronny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronny[_2_] Ronny[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the answer, but that wont work for me. The word document must be
updated automatically, and the cells in Excel must be hidden all the time.