Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rejoice21 Rejoice21 is offline

Default How can you change the stupid default settings in Word 2007?

Every doc I create has a default 1 1/2 spacing which I never want. Every doc
I create is in "review" mode which I never want. If I "save as" for a new
doc, the footer default is in a font that I have to change each and every
time. Does anyone know how I can change ALL the default settings once and
for all? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Start fresh by deleting your normal.dotm template (with Word closed). To
find normal.dotm, you can search for it in Windows (be sure to search hidden
files and folders). When you restart Word, you will see the factory defaults
Word 2007.

In order to restore the defaults of Word 97-2003, do the following: On the
Home tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003.
Then click Change Styles | Fonts | Office Classic. Finally, click Change
Styles | Set as Default.

If/when you are prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP