Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Bob is offline

Default How can I tell what keystrokes I use to run a specific macro in Wo

I have forgotten the keystrokes for some of my macros in Word 2007. How can
I find not only a list of my macros, but also the keystrokes to create each
one on the list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...997691033.aspx

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bob" wrote in message
I have forgotten the keystrokes for some of my macros in Word 2007. How
can
I find not only a list of my macros, but also the keystrokes to create
each
one on the list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Developer tab - Macros - type: listcommands, click Run - choose Current
Keyboard Settings, and click OK.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Bob" wrote in message
I have forgotten the keystrokes for some of my macros in Word 2007. How
can
I find not only a list of my macros, but also the keystrokes to create
each
one on the list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this what you get when you choose Print what: Key assignments in the
Print dialog?

http://word.mvps.org

"Bob" wrote in message

I have forgotten the keystrokes for some of my macros in Word 2007. How
can
I find not only a list of my macros, but also the keystrokes to create
each
one on the list?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Go to the Print dialog box. Drop down the arrow next to Print What,
then select Key Assignments. This will print a list of shortcuts you
have assigned along with a description of the macro, etc.

Cheryl

"Bob" wrote in message

I have forgotten the keystrokes for some of my macros in Word 2007. *How
can
I find not only a list of my macros, but also the keystrokes to create
each
one on the list?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sort of -- it produced a list of _only_ the shortcuts I assigned to
special characters. (I don't think I've ever assigned any for commands
or macros, so I don't know whether they would be included.) In a 9-
page single-column pdf bearing the name of the file that happened to
be open. It's ordered by command rather than by result. Presumably if
I do the "print to file" thing, it will end up in a usable format.
Especially useful, it displays the shortcuts where the font got
attached to the character, all of which have to be reassigned to the
"(normal text)" font so that they'll work in any font

Years ago, back in W2003, I found and printed a list of all shortcuts
via Help (which included the handful of special character shortcuts I
inherited from the publisher who provided the computer), but I
couldn't find it this morning, asking Help for "keyboard shortcuts."

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message

Can I get a list of all keyboard shortcuts, including the dozens I
have assigned to special characters?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't find any way to have it print to a Word file. It made a pdf,
and none of the Acrobat Export options produces a usable Word file --
Export to Word gives a bizarrely mixed-up file, with a couple of
superimposed tables, and a variety of pages with a miscellany of
fonts, missing parts, etc. Export to Text produces a Notepad file with
all the accented letters turned into ASCII characters! Word's Print to
File yields a .prn file, which Word can't read.

"grammatim" wrote in message

Can I get a list of all keyboard shortcuts, including the dozens I
have assigned to special characters?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you use "Print to file," you have to have a "Generic - Text Only"
printer selected if you expect to get anything usable. And that would be
plain text, so it would presumably not include special characters. But I do
get a more or less useful result if I "print" to the SnagIt printer. I don't
know how well that would work if I had a *lot* of shortcuts (more than a
page worth), but for my few, it might be usable.

http://word.mvps.org