Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neon520 Neon520 is offline

Default Save As a "Read-Only" Doc to Regular doc

Hi Everyone,
What I essentially need to do is to create a "Master" form that everyone can
use but won't be able to save on top of Master. so that's why I'm making the
form as "Read-Only" however I notice that if another user just Save As the
file to another name the "Read-Only" option still stay with the new doc, and
if I put "Password to Modify" that password still also stay with the new
document the user save as.

Is there a way to do this so that neither the "Read-Only" nor the "Password
to Modify" will stay with the new doc that another user do a save as?

thank you,
neon520
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you are describing is a template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Neon520" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
What I essentially need to do is to create a "Master" form that everyone
can
use but won't be able to save on top of Master. so that's why I'm making
the
form as "Read-Only" however I notice that if another user just Save As the
file to another name the "Read-Only" option still stay with the new doc,
and
if I put "Password to Modify" that password still also stay with the new
document the user save as.

Is there a way to do this so that neither the "Read-Only" nor the
"Password
to Modify" will stay with the new doc that another user do a save as?

thank you,
neon520

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neon520 Neon520 is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for your reply.
From what i have tried myself, the template file doesn't seem to work if it
doesn't stay in the correct directory (My Templates folder), which is likely
the case, because I will need to send the Template/Master to other people who
likely won't know how to add the template to "My Template" folder.

Is there any other to accompish this?

Thank you,
Neon520

"Neon520" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
What I essentially need to do is to create a "Master" form that everyone
can
use but won't be able to save on top of Master. so that's why I'm making
the
form as "Read-Only" however I notice that if another user just Save As the
file to another name the "Read-Only" option still stay with the new doc,
and
if I put "Password to Modify" that password still also stay with the new
document the user save as.

Is there a way to do this so that neither the "Read-Only" nor the
"Password
to Modify" will stay with the new doc that another user do a save as?

thank you,
neon520

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can put a template in any folder, and if folks double-click to "open"
it, they will get a new document.

http://word.mvps.org

"Neon520" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,