Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wynterburne Wynterburne is offline

Default Change the address book in Word

How do I change the location that Word uses to look up the address book when
"printing" to fax. I am using a Canon MP530.

I am using Live Mail on the PC which has the address book I want to use but
Word is looking at "Windows Address Book / Windows Contacts" and I can find
no way to change the default setting.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is a function of your unnamed fax software. Word has no fax function.

Depending on the fax software, you may be able to extract the addresses from
your contacts list and import them into the fax software. For example the
Mighty Fax software has two address fields and a mail merge to a directory
merge from Outlook using the following field structure, will produce a data
file that Mighty Fax can easily import containing all those contacts that
have fax numbers associated with their records.

{ SET x { = { IF { Mergefield "Home_Fax" } = "" 0 1 } + { IF { Mergefield
"Business_Fax" } = "" 0 1 } } }{ SKIPIF { x } = 0}"{ IF{ MERGEFIELD
"Last_Name" } "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Last_Name" }, { MERGEFIELD
"First_Name" }" "{ MERGEFIELD "Company" }"}","{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Home_Fax" }
= "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Business_Fax" }" "{ MERGEFIELD "Home_Fax" }" }"