Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Seeker Seeker is offline

Default Results Missing In Preview

One of the fields displays no results in the preview portion of the mail
merge when it is placed after the table. This field will show before the
table, and all fields show results within the table. Word version 2003
service pack 3. Solution? Is there a hidden formatting issue? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It must be something about your particular document that is causing the
issue. Exactly how is it laid out and what type of mail merge main document
is it?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Seeker" wrote in message
news
One of the fields displays no results in the preview portion of the mail
merge when it is placed after the table. This field will show before the
table, and all fields show results within the table. Word version 2003
service pack 3. Solution? Is there a hidden formatting issue? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Seeker Seeker is offline

The main document is in Word 2003: Title, Table (5X3), Comment. The field in
question will display results in the Title and in the Table, and not in the
Comment section. I'll start from scratch and that might help. Thanks for the
response!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It must be something about your particular document that is causing the
issue. Exactly how is it laid out and what type of mail merge main document
is it?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Seeker" wrote in message
news
One of the fields displays no results in the preview portion of the mail
merge when it is placed after the table. This field will show before the
table, and all fields show results within the table. Word version 2003
service pack 3. Solution? Is there a hidden formatting issue? Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Seeker Seeker is offline

The field in question displays results after the table if only one record is
inserted into the table. Otherwise, no results after the third record
displays.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It must be something about your particular document that is causing the
issue. Exactly how is it laid out and what type of mail merge main document
is it?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Seeker" wrote in message
news
One of the fields displays no results in the preview portion of the mail
merge when it is placed after the table. This field will show before the
table, and all fields show results within the table. Word version 2003
service pack 3. Solution? Is there a hidden formatting issue? Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is this a mail merge where fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007
Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

may be applicable?

Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly (and I
mean EXACTLY) as
required, particularly if tables are involved and you need to use the
tablejoiner macro.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It must be something about your particular document that is causing the
issue. Exactly how is it laid out and what type of mail merge main
document
is it?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

news