Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Float repeating object top of each page?

Select the "Different first page" option (in the Page Setup dialog box),
bookmark the table on the first page, and then insert the REF field in the
main header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"That70sHeidi" wrote:

I have a form that will be locked, and in order to have information repeated
on every page (i.e., in a header, but still a fillable form, so not "in" the
header but below the header) I have a table.

What I need is to be able to float this table (with updating form fields
from the first page) at the top of every page, regardless of content. I have
the first page's table bookmarked, and the second page is Ref'd, so I know
this will work for filling in the forms, but repeating the table is a
problem.

I can't manually put my bookmark ref in on every page, because the first
page's contents might bump my non-heading header to the middle of the page. I
also don't know if there will be 2 pages or 200 pages that need this header.

While the people using the form are very bright, they are not exactly great
with Word, so using the DocProperties, Style Refs, macros, updating, etc. is
going to be out of the question. Isn't there some way to lock and repeat a
table or a bookmark reference throughout a document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

REF fields in the header/footer of a protected form are not updated
automatically, and a macro is required to update them manually. StyleRef
fields, if appropriate, do update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"That70sHeidi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thank you for clarifying this, which I hadn't noticed before.

With REF fields, you would have to force an update, for example by switching
to Print Preview (not even "Calculate on exit" helps). :-(

I guess STYLEREF field(s) is the way to go.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"That70sHeidi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For what it's worth, I just tested in Word 2003, and updating by switching
to Print Preview works there too. However, the document isn't being flagged
as modified, so you can't save the update.