Leslie

Default Form Field Formatting

Several days ago I created a form template with the date field formatted to
d/m/yyyy on the properties of the field. I'm using the enter key macro and
the spell check macro. When I opened the form to test, the date entered as
May 2, 2005 converted to 5/2/2005 when I exited the field. Today, when I
opened the form and typed the date in as June 2, 2005, it didn't convert when
I exited the field. When I clicked back into the field then clicked out
again, the formatting was applied.

I've checked settings, options, etc. and cannot resolve this issue. Any
ideas?

Thanks!

Leslie

Thanks - yes, I have the "Calculate on exit" enabled. It seems that when I
use the tab key, the formatting is applied. It isn't applied when using the
enter key to move to the next field (enter key macro). Is there any fix to
that in the enter key macro code?

Sorry it took so long to get back - many projects going on. Thanks for your
response.

"Leslie" wrote in message
Several days ago I created a form template with the date field formatted

d/m/yyyy on the properties of the field. I'm using the enter key macro

and
the spell check macro. When I opened the form to test, the date entered

as
May 2, 2005 converted to 5/2/2005 when I exited the field. Today, when I
opened the form and typed the date in as June 2, 2005, it didn't convert

when
I exited the field. When I clicked back into the field then clicked out
again, the formatting was applied.

I've checked settings, options, etc. and cannot resolve this issue. Any
ideas?

Thanks!

Since this gets into the realm of VBA, you might want to post this question
in one of the word.vba NGs.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "Calculate on exit" enabled for the form field? Also note

that
there may be a difference in behavior between clicking out and tabbing

out.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.