Lost&Hopeful

Default Install Issue - PLEASE HELP

Trying to uninstall and reinstall Word2000 from Works2001 Suite CD but it
keeps asking for a file in OfficeUpdate11 that I don't have. How can I work
around this to reinstall I NEED my Word2000 for my second job?? Just
cancelling won't do it.

Problem only occured after copying files from old hard drive to new one. I
am positive all files were copied during this process. My only other HATED
option is to do a clean install of XP and start over. I don't want to do that.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TG9zdCZIb3BlZnVs?=,

Trying to uninstall and reinstall Word2000 from Works2001 Suite CD but it
keeps asking for a file in OfficeUpdate11 that I don't have. How can I work
around this to reinstall I NEED my Word2000 for my second job?? Just
cancelling won't do it.

Problem only occured after copying files from old hard drive to new one. I
am positive all files were copied during this process. My only other HATED
option is to do a clean install of XP and start over. I don't want to do that.

Copying system files from one drive to another is always chancey, since they're
not likely to reside in the exact same clusters. And Windows and some other
applications do keep track of that kind of thing. In addition, when you activate
software, it registers some of your machine characteristics. When you change a
major piece of hardware, the software may not run properly.

Your best chance of getting any good suggestions would probably be in the
word.setup.networking and/or office.setup newsgroup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)