Don

Default Outlining Toolbar keeps disappearing

Word 2003 SP3 on XP SP2

When I open Word, the Standard and Formatting toolbars always appear and are
shown as "checked" when clicking on 'View - Toolbars'. I frequently use the
Outlining toolbar and have customized it for my particular usage. However,
in order to use Outlining, I have to click on 'View - Toolbars - Outlining',
and my customized Outlining toolbar appears. The problem is when I close
Word and reopen, the Outlining toolbar is gone, but the Standard and
Formatting toolbars do appear as always. My Normal.dot is not "read only".
How can I make the Outlining toolbar always appear like Standard and
Formatting? Thank you.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RG9u?=,

I suspect that Word checks the VIEW its opening in and, if it's not the Outline
view, it hides the toolbar. You may have noticed that Word displays that
toolbar automatically when you enter Outline view, and hides it when you move
to another view. It does this even if you've displayed that toolbar manually
while in another view.

Best I can think of would be a macro that will make sure the toolbar is
displayed. If you name the macro AutoExec, it will execute when you start Word.
For example:

Sub AutoExec()
Commandbars("Outlining").Visible = True
End Sub

Word 2003 SP3 on XP SP2

When I open Word, the Standard and Formatting toolbars always appear and are
shown as "checked" when clicking on 'View - Toolbars'. I frequently use the
Outlining toolbar and have customized it for my particular usage. However,
in order to use Outlining, I have to click on 'View - Toolbars - Outlining',
and my customized Outlining toolbar appears. The problem is when I close
Word and reopen, the Outlining toolbar is gone, but the Standard and
Formatting toolbars do appear as always. My Normal.dot is not "read only".
How can I make the Outlining toolbar always appear like Standard and
Formatting?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org