qwerty

Default main text 2 columns while footnote text 1 column

i use word 2003
i have a document e.g. 5 pages long and all along i have footnotes how could
i set it that the main text should be two columns while the footnote text
should be 1 column the width of the page

qwerty

thank you it was very helpful i just want to know if there is an easier way
to do it because my whole document is of two columns and it is a pain to have
to do the whole procedure every page (the link you gave me talks about one
2-columned section in a document of 1-columned text
my document is ONLY 2 columns so it is a pain to play around at the end of
every page with section breaks so if you have any solution it would be
greatly appreceiated or do you know any program that is easier to work with
columns an footnotes

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...panColumns.htm .

garfield-n-odie

The described method is admittedly "so clumsy that you may well
decide it is not worth it". An even clumsier method is to forget
the Insert-Footnote function, and enter the footnotes manually
into floating text boxes at the bottom of each page, but this
method creates an editing nightmare, so you would have to wait
until document was completely edited, and then make the
footnotes.