Bob

Default two styles applied to the same paragraph

I have a document, one paragraph of it seems to be controlled by two styles
simultaneously. I figured this out by "Revealing Formating". The controlling
style is not what I want, and I cound not change the style to what I want.
This document consists of several sub-documents.

Anyone has any idea about what is going on there? Thank you very much in
advance.
Anne Troy

Sounds like you could have a case of both paragraph style and a character
style. I would select the entire paragraph (ensure you've got the paragraph
return at the end of the paragraph), and hit the style dropdown and choose
CLEAR FORMATTING, and start over.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com