Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ACQ

Default Word doc/protected form and formatting dates

I'm trying to create a Word template that will be used for several people
within our network. The template will be saved as a protected form, since it
will be an official gov't document. There's one field that needs to be in a
date format, but not the current date. I was thinking of using the Calendar
Control in the VBA toolbox, but there's a good chance that not everyone
who'll be using the form will have all the same plug-ins as I do, including
the Calendar control. From past experience, I have seen the Calendar control
not stay active, and I'd rather avoid numerous calls to the helpdesk to
resolve this everytime the document is used.

Is there a way to format a field as a date with a switch, and not have the
switch get edited when the date is entered?

ACQ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ACQ,

Very wise decision, to not try to use the calendar control under these
circumstances.

If you set the field's type as a DATE field (not current date, just date), then
select a format from the list at the right, that should enforce
1. that the user types a date
2. that the date will then have the specified format

The user shouldn't be able to change the date format without unprotecting the
document. So I'm not sure exactly what you're asking?

I'm trying to create a Word template that will be used for several people
within our network. The template will be saved as a protected form, since it
will be an official gov't document. There's one field that needs to be in a
date format, but not the current date. I was thinking of using the Calendar
Control in the VBA toolbox, but there's a good chance that not everyone
who'll be using the form will have all the same plug-ins as I do, including
the Calendar control. From past experience, I have seen the Calendar control
not stay active, and I'd rather avoid numerous calls to the helpdesk to
resolve this everytime the document is used.

Is there a way to format a field as a date with a switch, and not have the
switch get edited when the date is entered?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ACQ

Thanks! This is what I was looking for!

ACQ

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM
Why is there not a formatting code for a font change? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 5 October 19th 05 06:25 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 05:17 PM